Bars + Cookies Base Ingredients:
Organic Non-GMO Honey is a highly nutritious sweetener loaded with antioxidants, minerals, enzymes, and essential nutrients with anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties.
Organic Coconut Oil contains several healthy fats which are beneficial for reasons including increasing digestion, improving the absorption of fat-soluble vitamins, burning fat more readily, and nourishing the brain and nervous system.
Organic Nuts and Seeds including almonds, walnuts, and sunflower seeds are all high in antioxidants, protein, and monounsaturated fats to make your heart happy. They also aid in blood circulation, regulation of the digestive system, power your brain the entire day.
Bars + Cookies Additional Ingredients:
Same base, different organic additions to spice up each and every treat!
- Organic Unsweetened Shredded Coconut - high in fat, fiber, and minerals like iron and zinc
- Organic Cocoa Powder - high in antioxidants and aid in blood circulation
- Organic Cocoa Nibs - high in fiber, antioxidants, magnesium, and iron
- Organic Cinnamon - very high in antioxidants
- Organic Ginger - powerful anti-inflammatory and antioxidant effects
- Organic Coffee - caffeine for alertness
- Pink Himalayan Sea Salt - most natural salt and is untainted by toxins
Functional Fuel Plant Protein Bars:
- Organic Almonds and Sunflower Seeds - all the great benefits as above
- Organic Dates - high in protein, vitamins, and iron
- Pumpkin Protein - high in omega-6 and omega-9 fatty acids, vitamin k, and several minerals
- Organic Coconut Milk - high in fat, rich in vitamins and minerals
- Organic Maca Powder - adaptogen*
- L-Theanine - adaptogen*
- Ashwagandha - adaptogen*
- Red Reishi - adaptogen*
- Monk Fruit - natural sweetener and high in antioxidants
- Bacillus Coagulans GBI-30 6086 - probiotic; helps create a healthy balance of microorganisms in the digestive system to regulate digestion
What are Adaptogens?
Adaptogens are a natural substance considered to help the body adapt to stress and to restore the body to its natural environment. They help regulate the body's response to stress so it doesn't become overstimulated from high levels of physical stress. While working out, the body is constantly exerting high amounts of energy in different ways, depending on the type of exercise being conducted. The mechanism behind the adaptogens includes increasing levels of ATP (energy) and creatine phosphate (power) and they also contain high levels of antioxidants to aid in oxygen efficiency; the perfect combination for our Functional Fuel protein bars!